• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RTC 2 Windows seven

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RTCforlife

when i try to install rollercoaster tycoon 2 it stops installing around about 40%.....i have windows 7 on my hp......i have the home premium version...i know this disc works because it works on my old computer still...PLEASE HELP :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

when i try to install rollercoaster tycoon 2 it stops installing around about 40%.....i have windows 7 on my hp......i have the home premium version...i know this disc works because it works on my old computer still...PLEASE HELP :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Any errors appearing on the screen?
Try running the setup as administrator, also check %temp%/%appdata% for any error dumps made by the setup.

no that didnt work either and there werent any errors it just stops installing and just stays at the same percentage

"Found through Google:

from the manufacturer’s website it appears that the game is compatible with the following operating systems: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP.

Refer the following link for details:

RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2

http://www.atari.com/games/rollercoaster_t...rill_pack/pc-cd

However, you may try the following steps:

Step 1: Run in compatibility mode:

1. Right-click the icon for the game.

2. Click Properties.

3. Click the Compatibility tab.

4. Check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode.

5. Select the version Windows XP SP2.

6. Click OK.

Step 2: Disable desktop composition:

1. In the Compatibility mode tab go to the section labeled settings.

2. Check the box for Disable desktop composition and Disable Visual themes.

3. Click OK.

Step 3: Run as admin:

1. Right-click the icon for the game.

2. Select the "Run as admin" option.

If the above steps do not help in fixing the issue, you may contact Atari support for further assistance:

http://www.atari.com/support"
- Jacee

Back