• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 7970 -v- 7950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah I jumped the gun a bit. The release date is purportedly the 31st. I was hoping someone would have a leak or some more info regarding the 7950. It will be a bit closer to my price-range and It looks like it will be around 400$ with 256 less stream processors but still with 3 gb of memory. It will be interesting to see where they benchmark at.

I'm trying to make this call. I need a video card but was really hoping the 7950 would be closer to $400. Now i'm trying to decide if I should wait for gtx700 to see what happens to prices or grab a 7950 or 7970 now.

That 7950 is looking REALLY good. Especially the 900mhz version. And I'm an nVidia fanboy.

i dont think they will sell that many 7950s over here in the uk at the mo there prices are £350 to £400 . thats to close to the 7970 starting price of £420 if your spending £400 on gpu you want the best well at the time any ways .

I'll admit, when the 7950's first dropped last night, I was a bit peeved by their price, because mainly I was more expecting ~$400 - ~$450, not $50 more than that. I was a very early adopter of the "Well might as well kick in a few more bucks, and get a 7970" crowd. But I must say, my stance has been changing over the day. The 7970 is still almost 20% more expensive (comparing the cheapest 7950 to cheapest 7970), but the reviews I'm seeing , doesn't show it performing 20% better than the 7950. I plan on pulling the trigger in the next day or two on a new card, I may troll some classifieds of various forums and see if I can snag a review sample 7950 for a few bucks off...

we get bum deals in the uk on hardware it would be like $551.79 for the cheapest 7950 over here . dont read 100% in to the reviews. ive read a few to day i didnt see any with any 7970s oc to 1200 or more im will do 1175 at stock volt not found the limit yet

@jd101 think that in Poland we have 4% higher tax and people here earn less money so I'm not expecting that 7950 in its current price will sell at all :p
7970 price started to drop slowly here and it's much better idea with better quality of PCB and PWM.

What is curious with the HD7950 is the difference in performance you can get with different cards. Two different HD7950 are REALLY not equal!
I know it is the case for every single card, but for the HD7950, it is particularly the case.

If you are lucky, you can get an HD7950 with amazing overclocking and undervolting potentials...

Let's see if the price will stay the same in few months when Nvidia will present Kepler GPU.

Back