• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN 3 issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pofj

Recently got an asus p8z68 pro gen 3 motherboard.

Installed windows 7 on an ssd drive.

When I shut down the machine and then re-boot it goes to a static windows shutting down screen, the fans go mad and then it posts twice and then finally boots up.

Why is it doing this and how can I fix this please?

Also it's slow to shut down and when it goes to the shutting down screen the screen goes black and then it goes back to the shutting down screen before finally shutting down.

Thanks

Recently got an asus p8z68 pro gen 3 motherboard.

Installed windows 7 on an ssd drive.

When I shut down the machine and then re-boot it goes to a static windows shutting down screen, the fans go mad and then it posts twice and then finally boots up.

Why is it doing this and how can I fix this please?

Also it's slow to shut down and when it goes to the shutting down screen the screen goes black and then it goes back to the shutting down screen before finally shutting down.

Thanks

You didn't overclock it yet by any chance?

You didn't overclock it yet by any chance?

I did but have since gone back to bios defaults and the same issue is happening.

If you shutdown your machine and then power it on immediately does it show the windows shutting down screen before booting?

I also just reset cmos, what's unbelievable is I just unplugged power cord, moved the jumper across on the pins, left for about ten seconds, plugged back in and booted and guess what.......

Windows is shutting down greets me, fans go mad then boots as normal

Last edited:
I have this mobo and it does post twice every time I start it up. I think it has something to do with the OC, occasionally after the first post it says that overclocking failed. I think the 2 post sequences is so that it can set up OCing but I could be wrong.

I have this mobo and it does post twice every time I start it up. I think it has something to do with the OC, occasionally after the first post it says that overclocking failed. I think the 2 post sequences is so that it can set up OCing but I could be wrong.

Nope you are correct. Even if the OCing is something simple like turning on the XMP profile for DDR3-12800. The OCing logic Asus has put in the board "tests" the overclock before booting.

mine does that too sometimes when testing the overclock, or if your not overclocking your can turn of the marvel stuff, before overclocking marvel would run some crap on boot........

My triple post problem was caused by the marvel SATA controller.
Turned mine off in the bios and all was fine after that.

My triple post problem was caused by the marvel SATA controller.
Turned mine off in the bios and all was fine after that.

Maybe a bit off topic here, but what's up with these Marvel controllers? Everyone seems to have some sort of bad issues with them. I don't understand why a manufacture would keep making these things that clearly don't work. :shrug:

Back