• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advanced XMP timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twelvenine

Registered
I've got a gigabyte mobo and I've been trying to get my OC stable for a while now. One of the things I've been trying to nail down are the "Advanced" memory timings: tRRD, tWTR, tWR, tRFC, and CMD.

In the bios there is an option to choose an XMP profile. There is only one profile to select: "profile 1", and when I select it, my timings get set to 9-9-9-24 and the automatic values for "advanced" timings are changed.

I looked all over google trying to find corsair's official specs for these advanced timings, but apparently they don't publish them and they recommend using your motherboard's auto values.

When I look at my spd values in cpu-z, i can only see CAS, tRCD, tRP, tRAS, tRC, and CMD. So, I don't think XMP stores values for the advanced timings.

Basically, what I want to know is this: Is my mobo just guessing at the advanced values based on what it sees in the XMP?

No, your board isn't just guessing at the values of the sub-timings. The DRAM sub-timings, as w/ the four primary timings, are programmed into the SPD of each module by the manufacturer. As long as you have a CPU and board that supports it, you can use CPU-Tweaker to view all of the current sub-timings, and change any of the values from within the GUI.

CPU-Tweaker 1.5
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?92190-New-Memory-Tweaker-for-Intel-Chipsets

... or if you have an older setup, you can use MemSet to perform the same function.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 212
Back