• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my loop handle a TEC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HardCaze

Registered
140.3 Black ice GTX + 120.3 Black Ice GTX Stealth
1/2' ID tubing 750lph pump 300ml 5.25 bay res
cools a GTX 590 + 4.8ghz i5 2500k

wondering will it handle a pelt. on the CPU and normal water on the GPU without any issues? and what size pelt would i need to use?

Thanks.

It really depends on how cold you want the chip to run.
The difficulty is that it will definitely go cold enough to cause condensation at idle if it can handle the CPU's heat output at full load.

I agree, your temps are fine... TEC comes with a lot of added and unneeded headaches...

Alright, so will i need a separate PSU or will my current one be fine?
Enermax MAXREVO1350W modular. (112A)
if i need a second PSU what would be a good one to work with?

Separate PSU for what? Your temps are fine, no need to go with a TEC. The PSU you have is way overkill for what you are running already.

I agree with everyone else, your temperatures are fine, no need for a TEC.

PSU is a monster...until you get that second 590 (why? you running multi monitor setup or just like overkill?).

Multi Monitor... + i love overkill <3
30c just isnt cold enough for me, i want to see some frost.
^Reason i ask about second PSU is i read somewhere the amperage TEC's use is very very high..

You dont want to see frost... when it melts, if your board isnt properly prepped, it will kill it.

Back