• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time custom water loop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mitch602

Hey.
i have been thinking of doing a water cool loop and just want some help in regards of parts. i've done the ekwb.com planner and adding some parts to wishlist on PLE (i live in perth australia).
My parts that i am considering are:
- EK Supremacy EVO AMD Waterblock - Nickel
- EK FC1080 GTX Ti Aorus Backplate – Black
- EK FC1080 GTX Ti Aorus Plexi/Nickel Nvidia GPU Waterblock
- EK X-RES 100 SPC-60 MX PWM (Includes Pump) --- (this is the main part i am unsure about. more flow? bigger res?)
- EK Universal Pump Bracket (120mm Mount)
- EK Coolstream PE 120mm Radiator
- EK Coolstream SE 240mm Radiator
- Mayhems Pastel Pink 250ml Concentrate
- EK G1/4 12mm 7/16" ACF Elox Black Compression Fitting
- Mayhems Ultra Clear 10mm (3/8") ID, 16mm (5/8") OD 1M Clear Tubing

I have a ryzen CPU, the aorus 1080ti xtreme and the s340 elite case (i know it not the best water cool case but i have seen some and they look great).

I'm only planning on cooling my CPU and GPU so any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

You need mord rad: 3*120 is good for the GPU only. You need either an extra 240,or 4*140 total, if you want a silent system.

Agreed. With the saying 120mm of rad=100w, that gpu will be over 300w and could stand to use 3x120mm of rad on its own.
Looks like that case supports 2x140/2x120 up front and 1x120 out back. If you're dead set on keeping that case and water cooling both gpu and cpu, consider getting the most efficient radiators you can.

Hi, thanks for your input.
I'm not 100% set on this case, as i want to make sure that my cooling will be sufficient. if i change what cases would you recommend? (Easy to build water loops in and preferably under $200 aud but can ulter).
Thanks

My last build used a Rosewill Rise, room for a 3x120 in front and 2x120 up top. For the money, it's a hard case to beat. They're often on sale for under $50usd.

Phantek Enthoo Luxe is a great case for WC:

you can put 4x120/3x140 on top, 1x140 on the back and 3x140 on the front if you remove the HDD bays.

And it is sub 200

All depends on the case you're looking for. You're interesting in blingy, glass cases that stand out in the crowd with functionality or long hair don't care budget cases?

Have a look at Corsair and NZXT cases. Big fan on their designs and layouts and a heads up to Thermaltake cases as well.

Back