• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woops! overclocked too far.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mega825

Hi
Bought a HD 5450 thinking it would be faster than my trusty old X800 GT02 and nuts even though its years newer its pants!
Anyway i was messing about with the overclock bit in the control centre and ended up pushing it way too far and now every time i start the computer its fine until catalist control starts up and loads as it remembers the last setting and crashes the whole thing!
Dont think its damaged anything as i am currently using afterburner instead but would like to use the catalyst centre.
How do i get it to forget the setting? i have reloaded/uninstalled everything and deleated stuff in the registry but it still seems to boot up and crash (dots everywhere and corrupt so defo overclovked)!
Cheers guys
Tommo.

boot in safe mode and either uninstall the driver and reinstall or set it to stock settings.

did all that if i just load the driver its fine but when i install the suite the poxy thing remembers the cockup i made every time and instead of dropping the clocks back it just crashes yhe whole computer!
csnt uninstall stuff in safemode either.
Aanyone know hoe to clean out the registry?

did all that if i just load the driver its fine but when i install the suite the poxy thing remembers the cockup i made every time and instead of dropping the clocks back it just crashes yhe whole computer!

i would boot back into safemode and uninstall it again then run Ccleaner on the registry and hope it gets rid of the settings.... also you may want to see if its leaving setting files behind in the folder it was installed in

Did you do a clean install? Most drivers have an option somewhere that will allow for a clean install. Which removes all old setting. Not sure where it is in amd drivers. But for nvidia it is under custom install. Maybe give that a try.

On top of uninstalling the drivers:

1. Download Driver Sweeper.
2. Run DS set for ATI/AMD GPU settings.
3. Reboot.
4. Run DS again, same settings. You don't need to reboot a second time.
5. Reinstall ATI drivers.

This should clear out the old CCC settings completely.

Back