• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help PC alert 4 alarm going off!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hixxy22

Can anyone tell me why the alarms going off and explainn to me what wrong with this picture
PC_alert_4_alarm.png

I have 4 fans all working but pc shuts down after 40minutes?
Do i need new power pack adjust volt in bios??

:confused::bang head

Never even heard of that program before..

You haven't given us any details of your computer at all. We cannot help you until you do. Some CPU-Z screenshots (of CPU, Mainboard, RAM, SPD), and perhaps a HW Monitor screenshot would do well here.

Just going by the screenshot posted, there seems to be no +5v at all and 12v is running very low at 5.46. The fact you are able to use the computer to take that screenshot, chances are the software is not working right and displaying wrong info. If the 12v rail is really that low, your PC wouldn't boot at all.

I would get a multimeter and use the DC volt check function to check the voltage of the 12v and 5v rail.

It would be helpful if you can post your system specs (at least motherboard and power supply)

From looking at the graph (assuming it is correct...) your +12v is below 50% where it should be (should be hovering around 12v, not 5.5-6v).

We need the specs for your computer as previously requested. Also you say your computer shuts down after 40 min. Does it just shut itself off with no warning? Is there a warning that indicates trouble before it shuts off?

There is no way those voltages are correct. The computer wouldn't even turn on if the 12v rail was 5.5v.

The best way to fix the alarms is to uninstall the software. It's obviously not doing you any favors (nor is multiple posting the same problem).

Only motherboard software I have found that remotely works correctly is ASUS AIsuite. Even that has issues

MSI's doesnt work (thats what PCalert4 is), I couldnt even get gigabytes stuff installed, and I have never owned an Asrock board so no idea about that.

Afterburner works good but that was developed by someone outside MSI and they bought it :)

Sorry for the late reply. Mp PC spec is as follows:
AMD Athlon II x4 640
8gb ddr 3
Asrock N68c S UCC Motherboard
3 internal fans and one on processor
Ati Radeon R5450 Graphics card

My PC shuts off after 40 minutes? is it hardware or bios?
Shall i update my bios?
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

WHY is it shutting off though? I dont think that application will shut off your PC due to low voltages. Uninstall that application.

Are you sure its off and not in a 'sleep' mode or hibernation?

I managed to fix the problem i installed ASRock oc Tuner and managed the temps and voltages on there and installed ASRock Intelligent Energy Saver and everything working okay now :)

Back