• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what power supply if any?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

i have a little studio im building ..i am just learning audio software but i thought of another way to bypass beat makong with some stuff i got laying around..

ok. i have a car amplifier that doesnt need to be turned up full blast but id like to capture the lowpass frequencies of the amp ... so i need a power supply to drive my amp

its 1000 watt mono rms amp.. anything that wil be reliable to power it up and not damage my amp

Cheapest way to do that would be to buy a car battery and a trickle charger, otherwise you're looking at buying a 1kw PSU if you ever intend to run the amp full blast.

Myth, I've tested. Concrete made no measurable difference in discharge rate over the course of a month.

a friend suggested i just buy a cheap electronic crossover for capturing frequencries and save the amp

i guess the amount of money i would spend for a psu could very well be spent on a charger and battery to power all the crap i got ..

next question would be can i have a battery charger turned on while running equipmenty off of it ??

If it's car equipment, absolutely.
Anything that plugs into a car should be able to withstand 20v bare minimum, and be designed to run happily on 11v to 15v.

yes sir it is for car .. found a electronic crossover for 40.00 and il probably just use my amp and subs for playback..

my goal is to play a song and record the bass seperately.. then i can cut n paste my own beats ;) that seems easier to me than learning how to make them from scratch

thanks for your help

Back