• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX570 EK FC Block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nitroturtle

So I ordered this waterblock last fall, and I'm finally ready to put everything together. However, I've read several stories about nickel plating on these blocks being poor quality and actually coming off. My question is, should I be concerned? Anything I can do at this point to prevent problems?

I'm just asking as I'd like to avoid having to tear down my loop in a month to clean out stuff from a new block. Thanks in advance.

If the product number contains EN, you're set, otherwise I would recommend RMAing it...you might have missed the window on that though.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. I just looked, and apparently it's been almost a year since I ordered this block, but I'm just now getting around to needing it. So am I just SOL with a $100 paperweight, or is there something I can do to salvage this block?

Contact EK support, they're pretty great and will be able to advise you on what your options are. Worst case you can run it and just keep an eye on it and clean your loop a bit more frequently than normal.

Back