• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First build... rushed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

absolut5043

Hello all,

I wanted to share my new build as a way of saying thanks to all those who posted guides and info on the forum. Thanks for all the info guys!

Hope you guys like it!

Im new to the forum as well as liquid cooling. This is my first build and actually happened rather fast IMO.

I went from "Look at those cool water cooled pcs... I have to have one", to a completed project in roughly under two weeks.

I had no knowledge of what parts were good but like everyone else i started reading these forums and any info I could find. Thanks to all the guides and stickies they saved my build from becoming a catastrophe.

I bought all my Water cooling parts through Hellfire-Toyz (ebay & amazon). The owner Eric actually answered most of the questions that i had. He actually spent probably around 3 hours on the phone with me through this whole process and his level of customer service was incredible. I would recommend him and his store to anyone in need of anything water cooling related. I will never shop anywhere else.

That being said here is the system breakdown with temps

PC components-

Case -NZXT Switch 810 (was gonna go 800D, but the switch is incredible plus priced right.

CPU- i7-2700k stock (will OC soon) - 24-26c idle, 31-33c full load

MOBO - Asus z68 pro gen3

RAM- 16gb 1800mhz Kingston Hyper X

GPU- PNY gtx 560 ti OC2 (will oc soon as well)(factory OC has great performance already) - 28-30c idle, 36c Full load (furmark 15m test)

HD1- Patriot Pyro SSD 120gb

HD2&3 - 150gb WD Raptors

PSU- Corsair AX750

Water cooling-

CPU block -Koolance CPU-370

GPU block -EK HF Supreme VGA

Tubing - Black 1/2 ID

Fittings - 10x Koolance black compression fittings

Pump/res - Koolance 450s, with the 450s pump/res mount with a 60mmx200mm tube res (still working on a better mount than the zip-ties.. lol)

Rad 1 - Koolance 360 rad in single push config

Rad 2 - Koolance 140 rad in push/pull

Fans - 140mm x 5, 120mm x 3

I apologize for finger prints on the case. I was to excited to wash them off before i took pictures.

Pictures were taken after a 24hr leak test with distilled. System was drained and refilled with koolance High performance coolant.

Attachments

• photo(6).JPG
    photo(6).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 136
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 135
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 134
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
  • photo(8).JPG
    photo(8).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 139
  • photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 140
That looks great and the temps are great too, nice build. I cant wait to get my WC system later this week.

Gorgeous setup. The black tubing and The fittings really set it off. Way to carry your theme into your water cooling setup.

Thanks man! I wanted all black but blue found its way in so i kinda ran with it.
Will be replacing white fans with black soon or at least repainting them.

nice looking build man I love the added zip tie on the res ;)

LOL Thanks! the res/pump combo was too heavy for the bracket mount. Was bending big time! :shock: before those custom zips. Am currently still looking for a better mount.

Clean looking setup. Did you sleeve your wiring?

Thank you!
No sleeved wiring yet. Most came pre-sleeved with the PSU.
Planning on sleeving in the future though.

Really like the looks of the Switch 810. This is the first build I've seen with the black version. You're really making it hard for me to decide between the white and black for a future build :p

looks good!

only thing I would suggest is flipping the top fans to exhaust so you aren't bringing hot air into your case. there will be enough cool air inside your case to cool that top rad.

In his situation with the GPU being WC as well and he has all the exhaust out the back if that fan is pushing enough CFM he should be fine. but I understand what you i would be exhausting that large rad out the top as well.

Really like the looks of the Switch 810. This is the first build I've seen with the black version. You're really making it hard for me to decide between the white and black for a future build :p

Lol ya the switch 810 is an awesome case and IMO the best for the $$$ when it comes to presetup for water cooling.

looks good!

only thing I would suggest is flipping the top fans to exhaust so you aren't bringing hot air into your case. there will be enough cool air inside your case to cool that top rad.

the difference is minimal in push versus pull. the point of the statement was draw air from inside the case and exhaust outside.

Thanks man!

I understand the exhaust part but I also heard the argument that you want the coldest air running over the rad. I wanted to draw from the cold room air to the interior where i funnel all the air out the back with 3x140 fans. My case temps havnt gotten any higher than 28c.

Lol believe me rad/fan placement was the hardest part of this build for me. I wanted to give it the best and from my research this has been the best for my current setup. (given only one gpu and No OC yet). then again like you said the difference is minimal as if it truly is a better option to have the case exhaust through the top rad, would I see 5c+ in temp drop difference.. I dont think i would... I think best id see 1c-2c drop if any or who knows maybe even a rise in temps.

I attached an image to with my airflow just to show

Attachments

• photo(1)[1].JPG
    photo(1)[1].JPG
    468.3 KB · Views: 82
it was just a suggestion, but it can be however you want it. just most people would do it a bit different. still looks good though.

but being different isn't always bad sometimes it helps you discover a newer better way of doing things :D I don't think it will hurt him at all in this case.

I have always done push pull in my case. I am about to add another radiator to the top with that configuration. I'll take your advice and see what I come up with. So the bottom 3 fans will intake air and the top 3 exhaust the air. Can't hurt to try.

you could try... though I wouldn't think it would work well because it doesn't seem like a lot of air would go across the fins that way but I guess you could try it won't hurt anything. But I don't think it would work.

I guess it will always come down to dealers choice! Lol. Plus with my temps where they are I think I'll be good for a while. Thanks for the advice I'll def check it out in a while if I have any issues... As so far it's been great (about a week) Lol

I think the key for the reason this works so well too is the fact I have 3 x140 fans in succession pushing from front to back

Dancer, when I do it I will do testing. Just for hell of it. The rad I am going to be working with will be easy to mount and dismount. I'll try having them exhaust on top and intake on bottom, then try it the way I have ALWAYS done it with intake into the computer and exhaust on the bottom of the rad. Can't hurt to try it an test it.

Back