• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for "Just Right" 120.1 Rad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eduncan911

I've been scouring the online w/c sites for over a month looking for a 120.1 that fits my requirements:

1) < 125mm in width
2) > 48 or 50mm in thickness (prefer 60mm or so)
3) > 20 FPI

The ones I find usually meet 2, but not all three. Been all over FrozenCPU as I don't know where any other large lists of rads are.

If you know of such a heat exchanger, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
-E

Why do you need a 120.1 so thick? That's gonna be hard to find. Maybe some kind of Heatercore?

Intel 3960x @ 5Ghz+ with TEC cooling.

The setup I have has strict dimension requirements to only a single 120.1 radiator with a TEC chiller, though I have no "thickness" issues. Well, technically a 48mm thick rad would drop right in, but a 60 would require some modifications to the housing (not much of an issue).

It already has an existing 120x25 radiator with 27 FPI, that is only 25mm thick which isn't enough obviously (was original designed to cool LGA775). So, I am going to double the size.

I'll most likely end up with the Alphacool UT60 as it's 124x60 (124mm wide, and 60mm thick). Though, it only has 11 FPI, I believe it should be sufficient by more than doubling the cooling capacity (and changing form aluminum to copper cores). The existing 25mm thick one with the TEC chiller does ok when not overclocked. Just need that extra uphm.

I doubt that there will be any retail/aimed at overclockers radiator out there with that thickness, but maybe some kind of heatercore or more heavy duty radiator exists.

I'll try to give Google some love and find something for you.

What about two 120x120x3* 30fpi together?

Thanks! Yeah, I'd been Binging as well for a while too.

What about two 120x120x3* 30fpi together?
Thought about two rads, but they would have to be sandwitched right up against each other, and I have no way to connect them (the housing is limited to what I can do to the top). Yeah, thought about that too but just don't see how I can connect two when directly sitting ontop of each other (without going above the rads).

You may have missed earlier, but I stated I'd most likely be going with an Alphacool UT60 120.1. It's 60mm thick, 124mm in width, but only has 11 FPI.

(click for details)
ex-rad-331.jpg

There is one radiator from HWLabs Black Ice (which I've bought several in the past from) called an extreme 120.1. It's 54mm thick, and has 20 FPI. But, it's 133mm wide (an oversized radiator actually, with edges curling back in to support a 120mm fan). But the width is too wide for my application.

ex-rad-107.jpg

Yep, I have several 140.2 and 140.3 rads for other projects. So I know how they help with surface area.

But as stated as one of the original requirements, the rad cannot be any wider than 124mm.

Even most 120.1 rads are wider that 125mm. Bit, found one to match as listed above. Just wished the FPI was denser.

Last edited:
The thickest I know of is the Thermochill TA 120.1, but that has a low fin density. The Phobya G-changer is also just as thick, slightly better fin density then that.

Last edited:
Back