• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator needs for 2 block loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not seeing that anywhere either. Maybe it was 30 watt total that I saw somewhere. I have been pretty tired at times doing this research, so I'm probably mistaken. Do you think I can still use the motherboard as a fan controller?

Aside from the Next pump, how does one measure water temps? I believe the mobo does have a temp sensor plug, so could I use a temp sensor plug like this in my reservoir and plug it into the motherboard, then use that for PWM control? Definitely not trying to say the Next is over priced, just maybe too much for me. Plus I want to use the bitspower panel reservoir. This time prices are showing up (in TWD) and it should come in under $200.

I can definitely see the performance of quality fittings, as they would be the weak link in the system leak wise. I put together a build list on ppcs, I'm at $425. I would also need 3 res fans. Possibly considering running them as an intake vs exhaust, despite the top mount, to keep dust in check.
-HL BlackIce Nemesis 360GTX looks like a great performer, and it's not much over $100. It is not available in x-flow, but with the Bitspower panel it looks like crossflow isn't needed/ideal.
-XSPC RAYSTORM v3
-BARROW FULL COVERAGE WATER BLOCK
-PRIMOFLEX ADVANCED LRT 10FT TUBING - 3/8IN. ID X 5/8IN. OD - ELEGANT WHITE
-BITSPOWER G1/4" BLACK MATTE COMPRESSION FITTING CC3 ULTIMATE FOR ID 3/8" OD 5/8"
-BITSPOWER G1/4 MATTE BLACK TRIPLE ROTARY 90-DEGREE COMPRESSION FITTING CC3 ULTIMATE ID 3/8" OD 5/8"

So with the MSI monitor and 2070, but no X processor, my newegg is at $1776, adding in $200 for the bitspower res and $60 for 3 pwm gentle typhoons and the $425 from ppcs puts me at $2,461. I'm sure there's some other stuff like more fittings for fill and drain, drain valve, some other tweaking might have to be done as well, but actually accounting for sales I think I'll be okay with this budget. :D I really appreciate all of your help GTXJackBauer!!

I'm not seeing that anywhere either. Maybe it was 30 watt total that I saw somewhere. I have been pretty tired at times doing this research, so I'm probably mistaken. Do you think I can still use the motherboard as a fan controller?

Aside from the Next pump, how does one measure water temps? I believe the mobo does have a temp sensor plug, so could I use a temp sensor plug like this in my reservoir and plug it into the motherboard, then use that for PWM control? Definitely not trying to say the Next is over priced, just maybe too much for me. Plus I want to use the bitspower panel reservoir. This time prices are showing up (in TWD) and it should come in under $200.

I can definitely see the performance of quality fittings, as they would be the weak link in the system leak wise. I put together a build list on ppcs, I'm at $425. I would also need 3 res fans. Possibly considering running them as an intake vs exhaust, despite the top mount, to keep dust in check.
-HL BlackIce Nemesis 360GTX looks like a great performer, and it's not much over $100. It is not available in x-flow, but with the Bitspower panel it looks like crossflow isn't needed/ideal.
-XSPC RAYSTORM v3
-BARROW FULL COVERAGE WATER BLOCK
-PRIMOFLEX ADVANCED LRT 10FT TUBING - 3/8IN. ID X 5/8IN. OD - ELEGANT WHITE
-BITSPOWER G1/4" BLACK MATTE COMPRESSION FITTING CC3 ULTIMATE FOR ID 3/8" OD 5/8"
-BITSPOWER G1/4 MATTE BLACK TRIPLE ROTARY 90-DEGREE COMPRESSION FITTING CC3 ULTIMATE ID 3/8" OD 5/8"

So with the MSI monitor and 2070, but no X processor, my newegg is at $1776, adding in $200 for the bitspower res and $60 for 3 pwm gentle typhoons and the $425 from ppcs puts me at $2,461. I'm sure there's some other stuff like more fittings for fill and drain, drain valve, some other tweaking might have to be done as well, but actually accounting for sales I think I'll be okay with this budget. :D I really appreciate all of your help GTXJackBauer!!

No worries Zeril. You're almost there. For future reference, put your parts in a listing form instead in sentences and paragraphs otherwise things can easily be missed and there could be some confusion with so much reading and typing going on for future reference.

Ok so for the CPU block, make sure it's for an AMD as the way you have it posted, that would be for the intel CPU. These are their newest line they've come out. You can check PPCS to see if they have the one you'd like but just make sure it's for your socket.

For the reservoir, I think that's a great choice. You can than use the MB's RGBs header/software to control that res and possibly use the colors for either a solid color display effect or base it on water temp for example like I have. If you use that reservoir, I would ask them and see if you can use compression fittings for soft tubing because the length of the fitting might be too long when tightening down and possibly block the inside chambers versus say the slimmer hard tubing fittings and don't forget to get extra bitspower threaded plugs. Try using the same plugs with the res so it all matches as sometimes they might have different designs on the plugs.

Also make sure if a pump is included with that reservoir.

When it comes to the fittings, I would get lots of angles involved. By looking at the design of that reservoir and the way the channels are ported for flow, you might have to use most of those ports meaning you'll spend more on angled fittings, etc so just a heads up and have a look at the reservoir really good because it's not just flowing straight through and coming out the other end. They added several of those points so it keeps going back to forth to the reservoir if that makes sense by design so tubing is straight.

Ok so if you want to add a temp probe, you could add a bitspower as well or even aqua computer for example. Just make sure its not a proprietary plug like that koolance one you linked. They're all usually in the same price range. You could add a couple through out the loop or in certain spots so you can get an idea or get closer to accuracy as nothing is 100% correct but within margin of error.

If you want a flow sensor, check out bitspower as well but just make sure you have a header for it on the MB but some flow sensors will come with a 3 pin fan style header and generate a signal just like a fan would and give you similar readings to a Fan header on the MB.

Just grab 3 nice PWM RGB fans like the Corsair LL 120 triple packet that includes a lightening note and you're all set.

I just realized how deep I went into this project with you. Ok now I feel fried. Gonna go sleep till 2019.

Thank you so much! Looking back it's pretty incredible how far I've come and how far this build has come. It's had years of experience bestowed onto it in a week! I will definitely be posting a build thread!

Back