• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to overclock when bios wont let me??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danmna2626

Registered
i have a core 2 duo e4600 @2.4 ghz and want to OC it to 3 ghz. i know the chip can do it but my bios does not allow for it.im new to CPU over clocking and am looking to you guys who know about this stuff(as i do not).any help would be great as i cant afford to but a new CPU..thx in advance :):)

p.s. system specs are as follows

ram-4 gigs ddr2
GPU-hd 2600 xt 512 mb ddr3 power supply 450 watt motherboard is -ECS mcp73t-m3 REV :1.0

It depends on the motherboard. The only option you have is to overclock in Windows, which isn't a very good option. The best thing you could do is get a different motherboard, but I'm since this is probably an OEM system, you'd basically be building the entire system. So, you should build a system for overclocking, instead.

not what i wanted hear :( . its not an oem system however.i was given the board a long time ago and built the system myself.new motherboard would be nice but if i had the cash for that id prolly just go get a new CPU lol.anways..i figured that id be more or less screwed on OCing this thing*sad face*

click those white jumpers ... wait its not 2001.. gosh darn the past was usefull

Back