• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock Extreme 7 Gen 3 - USB 2.0/3.0 Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicka5

Hi All,

I've been running my custom built system for at least 5 month now and it's running like a dream.

The only snag I have come across is with the transfer rates of the USB ports. I use a USB 3.0 Innostar stick but everytime I try and transfer large files it takes for ever and running at low speeds like 2mb/s.

The other thing I've noticed while the files are transferring is that all the other comm ports are lagging... i.e. if I was browsing the net it would pause the page or run really slow.

I've tries updating all the firmware and drivers but, to no avail, I'm writing to you guys for advice?

Anyone else had this problem or know what's causing it or do I need to contact ASrock?

Many thanks in advance!

Colin

Have you tried the USB 3.0 device in another computer capable of USB 3.0 speeds?

Yes and also tried normal USB 2 which does exactly the same...

Back