• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer freezes when running Prime95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creating Chunks

I've been running Prime95 randomly for a few hours at a time to ensure stability. I've been trying to get voltages down cause i dont wanna over-volt anything. Not really sure what safe levels are for my equipment. But every once in awhile while running Prime95 my computer will freeze. Screen is still on and displaying properly, but everything is frozen. No mouse or keyboard input is shown.

Anyone know whats going on?

have you tried putting curtain components back to stock and try again?? WOuld be able to tell if the clocks/volts are to high or something else.

What would help more at this point is to attach screen shots of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". That will give us loads of info about your system and bios settings.

7005157604_6cc2acfd0c_b.jpg

7005160276_d4d0b63e44_b.jpg

7151257405_5680def58a_b.jpg

usually if your system freezes while overclocking it doesnt have enough power going to the chip.. how much are you chaging the voltage by at a time?

you could also PM a mod and just ask them to move this thread.

Back