• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to overclock a laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

swb32cox

I have a COMPAQ NX9030 and want to speed it up.
I have max RAM and a 1.4G CPU.

how can I overclock? there are not parms accessible for
voltage in the BIOS.

Can you change the FSB-Front side bus? in the bios?" I heard of a program people use to OC laptops called "SetFSB", I dont know about it.. But if you do start to OC.. Get a program to watch you temps,(Like CoreTEMP, AID64, Anything to watch them.. laptops are not really made to OC all that well, they really dont have good cooling, Good Luck

How to overclock a laptop... and burn your laps in the way. :3.

Just, not worth it. You'll burn your battery and your laps. There's this SetFSB, yes, but really, not worth it IMHO.

If Compaq is anything like Elite Books from HP they lock their BIOS for CPU and RAM adjustments. I would hate to see the results of OC a laptop the melting plastic would smell horrible :)

You likely will not be able to overclock it outside of possibly setfsb which is a windows application which would require some trial and error to setup.

If you really want to speed it up go buy a copy of windows and reformat your machine.

Depending on the lappy you could simply replace the CPU (Some are soldered in making it impossible to replace)with a higher speed one. Check the board ratings etc to see what it will support. That would the best move barring replacing the whole unit.

Z

Back