• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you pause only the GPU client in v7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaymz9350

Alright guys I'm getting my stuff setup to help out with the race and was wondering if there is a way to pause just the GPU client as it makes my PC pretty much unusable (to me anyway) while it's running and this is my only PC.

Change the drop down in the upper right to Advanced. Then right click on the client you want to pause in the "Folding Slots" area.

Thanks, now I can at least let the SMP run 24/7. I'm going to do my best to let it run as much as possible for you guys during the race (luckily I've just stopped playing Skyrim) just the GPU client makes even web browsing painful.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Also note that if you want to run either of the clients (CPU or GPU) just for a short spell, like while you're asleep or out on a shopping spree (for new PC parts of course) you can set the client to "finish" and it will run a WU until finished, then not download another, gives you another option.

I'm fine letting the CPU run 24/7 as my PC runs 24/7 anyway and the CPU client is unobtrusive. And 2 out of every 4 days I hardly use it except an hour or so when I get home from work. Just tring to maximize what I can for you guys.

You should check your PPD with just the cpu and compare it to the cpu + gpu's, and see what the difference is. For lots of rigs, there isn't much difference - because the cpu is taken away from folding to "feed" the gpu it's next packet of data, and that happens a LOT.

yeah that was on the list and I may just do that over the next couple days while i'm off work as I use the PC alot more then. Not knowing how accurate the client PPD estimate is it seems my I'm better off with both but I'll see. It's kind of hard as I can't really let it sit completely idle to get good comparisons.

Another thing I'm not sure if it messes with things, I switched to my username to check PPD numbers but the passkey wasn't changed form the race one, does that effect anything?

One more thing fellows. Does RAM speed help F@H at all? If so I can throw in my benching RAM which will be at 2100 7-7-7 or 8-8-8 vs the 1680 9-9-9 I have now.

RAM frequency is what affects F@H. Timings and total amount don't within reason of course.

~FA

Back