• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling advice needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

Hey all, I am looking to get a new fan for my 1.4t-bird. my volcano is working perfectly but I doubt that I would get a decent O/C out of her w/ my current temps. I am looking for a quiet yet strong fan to lower my temps by 10-20 degrees. I also want affordable.

My main goal is to O/C my chip. My current temps range from 50c to 60c(w/ Seti running).
I am pretty confident that my current fan placement is adequate if not great...I am just thinking that the VolcanoII cannot handle much more heat.
I currently have 3 empty bays and 2wo of which have hard drive coolers sucking in cool air. I have a large exhaust fan at the rear of my case and my cpu is in front of it...i also have a Enermax P/S that has a exhaust fan right above my cpu. I figure that the exhaust fans help to draw the cool air from the fron bay fans across the cpu..I know they are a little weak but I can feel the cool air drawing across the inside of the case.
I was thinking that maybe the p/s exhaust fan was sucking away the cool air before it could reach the cpu?
Perhaps a front bezel fan from below may work better..any tips?
Thanks all
:) :) :)

one more question.
Asus pC probe gives inaccurate temp readings, how about the bios temp reading on the Asus board...is it accurate, it seems to show the same temp reading as SiSoft SandraPro. I just need to guage if I am getting accurate temps readings.
Thanks all!

Back