• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gtx 580 max safe voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manu2b

Hi all,

I grabbed a 580 a couple of days ago.
I am stable@940/2100/1.15v/71°C.

I flashed a 1.21v max bios.

I am really not familiar with nVidia cards(my 5 last ones were ati/amd...), so, I'd like to know what is the max 24/7 safe voltage?

Thanks.

Thank you Janus.

I guess in the high 70s low 80s is OK?

Ya on air those are safe temps. I think 90s is the danger zone. Ive had mine hit 100c...accidently disabled auto fan in afterburber. While gaming my max temps are 80c without custom fan profile. With profile max temp is 75c

Thanks CW, I will spend some time this week fine tuning this rig.

Reviving the thread:
I've installed an Arctic Accelero Xtreme+ II on the card.

At 900/1800/2100/1.1v, I hit a max of 60°C
At 930/1860/2100/1.15, 65°C
And at 970/1940/2100/1.21v, 80°C

Idling@40°C in each case.

Do you think the max OC is safe for 4/5 hours gaming session?

EDIT: oh, and is it worth to put some aluminium heatsink on the components on the back of the card?

Well, well...

I've been running 3dmark11 demo and dirt3 for a couple of hours.

Final stable OC: 970/1940/2150/1.2v, which gives me a nice 8337 score in 3dmark11 perf and 31773 pts in 3dmark vantage.

Very please with the Accelero II: what a silent HSF!

Well, well...

I've been running 3dmark11 demo and dirt3 for a couple of hours.

Final stable OC: 970/1940/2150/1.2v, which gives me a nice 8337 score in 3dmark11 perf and 31773 pts in 3dmark vantage.

Very please with the Accelero II: what a silent HSF!

I really enjoyed the one that I had received for a review here. Decent clocks on your card, better than I got with both of my cards from my testing.

Yes, I guess I've been lucky...

Running 970/1940/2175/1.2v so far, and rocking.

Temps never go above 75°C with a 26 ambient (yes, it starts getting hot in here!).

Yes, I guess I've been lucky...

Running 970/1940/2175/1.2v so far, and rocking.

Temps never go above 75°C with a 26 ambient (yes, it starts getting hot in here!).

So you are using the Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme correct?

If upgrading to aftermarket cooling does that void warranty?

Im thinking about the accelero. The reference design fan on my cards are super loud under load.

How would you rate the fan noise under load?

So you are using the Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme correct?

If upgrading to aftermarket cooling does that void warranty?

Im thinking about the accelero. The reference design fan on my cards are super loud under load.

How would you rate the fan noise under load?

You will have to check with your specific vendor. I'm pretty sure most don't mind if you remove the cooler as long as if you have to return it they get it all back in one piece, but like I said, check with your specific warranty information.

Compared to a stock cooler even running at 12v (max speed) the unit is practically silent.

Check out my review here: http://www.overclockers.com/arctic-accelero-xtreme-plus-review

^what Janus says.

And yes, even at full speed, it is still extremely silent!

Awesome review Janus. I like how you examined all the details. The Shaman looks good too. I thought reference cooling was cool but very loud now. At 1.15 volts i get max temps of 75 but fans sound like jet engines.

Awesome review Janus. I like how you examined all the details. The Shaman looks good too. I thought reference cooling was cool but very loud now. At 1.15 volts i get max temps of 75 but fans sound like jet engines.

Yep, the Shaman is a fantastic cooler. Too bad they are impossible to find now (MattNo5ss did that portion)

Back