• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU buying Confusion AMD or Intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mak1290

Registered
I have to soon assembble a cpu for me..I have already owned and using Corsair TX 650 V2 SMPS,And a Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR5 GPU..
Currently I have choosed these to complete my rig..
-Asus M5A97 PRO Motherboard if i go for AMD cpu and ASUS P8Z68-M PRO Motherboard if i go for Intel cpu.
-Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (2x4GB) RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)
-Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler
-NZXT Beta Evo Mid Tower Black Steel Cabinet

I have confusion :screwy: in buying CPU as i have gone through many videos and reviews on youtube and other websites :confused:.FX 8150 or Intel 2500k(I'll change motherboard buying for it)..Currently 8150 is coming in india for 216$ and 2500K for 222$..Which will be best and future proof..
Also recommend any other hardware change for future proofing and better performance..
And plz tel me when Ivy Bridges will launch in India fully..

If you do a lot of heavily threaded work, then I would get the FX8150. If you do not, and primarily game for example, the 2500k would be my choice.

IB is launched.. no clue when it comes to your neck of the woods...

Well, this post is probably going to start a big war of people groaning and complaining about AMD vs Intel but in my opinion, I'm going for intel in my new build.

Intel has a higher minimum and average framerate in most games than the AMD CPU's do, you can see that here. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-4100-core-i3-2100-gaming-benchmark,3136.html

I'm going with the Intel i5-2500K in my new build, with an Asus P8Z77 series MOBO.

I do trreaded work,multitasking as well as gaming..Sometimes up and down in type of works..So i want to know which is best to buy all purpose cpu..Coz i dont want that i'll go down after buying that i have not invested in a good cpu..

I would honestly spend the cash on a 2600k in that case. You cant go wrong with 8150, but it is notably slower in a lot of cases against the 2500k and especially the 2600k. The 2500k is a quad core, no Hyperthreading, vs the 2600k is quad core with HT (that beats out the 8150 almost across the board.

If you cant spend the cash on 2600k, then grab that 8150.

i7 2600k is a very good cpu..I had planned for it but its much costlier and going out of my budget..I say among Fx8150 and 2600k,more price for more performance..My confusion raised among 2500k and FX8150 as both are mostly among same cost currentlly coming..I have never used AMD..Some said 2500k and some FX8150..I have to choose in them best futureproof performer..I'll use Win 7 as well as Linux based O.S too

Do you mean differences among performaces b/w FX8150 & 2500K??On youtube i have seen many reviews an benchmarkings

Do you mean differences among performaces b/w FX8150 & 2500K??On youtube i have seen many reviews an benchmarkings
So you should have an informed opinion already... that is good.

Thank god for other people's opinions as I would go with what Manu said, 2500k and the lucid virtu goodies that come with Z68 when you encode or w/e. Nice catch Manu! :thup:

Thanks All..:grouphug: So i thnk finally go shud go for i5 2500k an use it permanently at 4ghz with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler.. :)

One 2500k user has told me power consumption is higher at 4.5-5.0GHz & not worth the performance diff. + u need higher voltages for higher clocks.I can run it at 4Ghz at stock voltages. meaning performance boost for free.

Power consumption is higher, but the cost of the extra electricity here in the US is extremely, extremely small. Also remember, that the majority of the time, your CPU is in an idle state and not consuming much electricity at all.

:(But in India,is higher..
and he told that therez also not much perf diff at 4.5 or 4.8ghz..

Back