• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

inc0gn3gr0

I am using the XFX HD 7950 Black Edition. I am currently trying to run both a standard monitor and a TV. The TV has HDMI and VGA inputs and the monitor has DVI HDMI. I am currently using DVI-VGA and HDMI. I have gotten it working with this setup for awhile, but I restarted and I can't get it working I have tried reversing the cables HDMI-DVI and DVI-VGA and still nothing. At first I thought it was simply because my standard monitor doesnt produce audio but that doesnt seem to be the case. I have tried reinstalling the drivers numerous times also.

Did You install the drivers first for CCC?
Did you activate both screen via CCC?
Screen not receiving a signal at all?
Plugged in and on?
maybe something changed in your bios?
Have you ran a driver sweep and cleared out all the old driver COMPLETELY before installing new ones?

It should just be Plug n Play if you have the CCC suite installed.

Not sure what exactly the problem is so just throwing some ideas your way. Activate in bios and/or CCC.

Last edited:
It is not recieving signal at all. I have tried only using HDMI-HDMI, and miniDP-HDMI on my TV and miniDP-HDMI-DVI on my monitor. My monitor only has VGA and DVI. They both work from the DVI port but it doesnt seem my card will send signal to ANY other port. I have got it working twice for extended periods, but then the combinations just stop working after a restart or crash because of that dump turn monitor off function glitch. CCC, assuming you mean Catalyst Control Center, is installed but it detects nothing.

At that point i would consider a fresh install of your OS. CCC should detect anything plugged into any port and it should be simple to turn it on from there. It sounds like there is something happening on startup of your OS that conflicts and sends you for a loop.

I would also wait for other replies other then me for more ideas ;)

Edit: With The fresh OS make sure your MOBO drivers are up to date. For now it sounds like a software issue.

This is what I am using

Time of this report: 5/28/2012, 13:47:49
Machine name: BUTTNAKEDWANDA
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-990FXA-UD3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.3GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16366MB RAM
Page File: 3205MB used, 29523MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Also I would really like to avoid a fresh install of windows since this one has only been used for approximately 2mons. I have also tried DVI-Monitor and HDMI-TV. Still the same problem which ever is not plugged into DVI is stating that it has a no signal, but they both work from the DVI port and the port was working and I only reset my computer and it stopped working.

Last edited:
Try uninstalling CCC and then install again. But before you install again boot your computer with both the monitor and TV on. This worked for me.

Back