• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 1600+ Unlocked. No POST > 11x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fatboy

Registered
All multipliers are present in AK31 BIOS (latest bios AK31S2EF)

Multipliers 7x-10.5x work correctly (I tried all in between).
6.5x multiplier or anything above 11x multiplier results in no POST (i.e. no Beep, drives flash their lights then nothing).

My memory is cheap generic DDR and is stable up to 138FSB. I tried higher than this at the 7x multiplier and things were unstable.

Can boot at 10.5x at 1.648Volts with 138FSB.

I've tried voltages in range of 1.65->1.85 at 133FSB and still no POST at 11x.

I have the AGOGA "Y" stepping week 50 and I'm using a Glaciator II which keeps CPU at 30c according to bios, system is 22c.

I suspect that my unlock is bad (16 or 2^4 multipliers work correctly, all multipliers are present to select from). Would a bad connection on the 5th bridge explain things? But why would the multiplier still be available in the BIOS to select?

Question: Am I just out of luck and have a low grade CPU or should a get the acetone and defogger kit out again and redo the bridges? Anyone had similar experiences to this?

I previously unlocked another XP 1600+ and 11.5x was stable. 12x would post but was unstable - the unlocking worked as expected.

Help!!!!

you might have done 1 of the contacts incorrectory. even tho am sure it looks neat it might not be. you might wanna redo them or wait for more replys.

this seems to be a common problem with people i seen it a few times lately.

good luck

I had the same thing when I lost all of my .5 multis the first unlock attempt. I could certainly select any multi, but it would boot at the next whole number, or lockup at boot, misc, reboots, etc..

I just spent 2 hours (after one false start) redoing the bridges. All the multipliers now work (including the 6.5x).

I checked my original work with a 10x magnifier glass and it all looked ok. I guess looks can be deceiving! I was reluctant to use a multimeter as this tends to damage the work that was done.

End result is that everything appears to be stable at 1700MHZ (12.5x @ 136FSB). I'm running at 1.85v to keep things stable. I tried higher, but stability took a dive pretty fast and I didn't want to go higher on the voltage. CPU temp is around 35c in the BIOS - with case open (after a run of 3DMark 2001).

At the end of the day, the 300MHZ overclock has given me around a 10% boost in performance. My main limiting factor is the FSB (I have cheap memory). At these speeds, FSB is much more important.

I'll run more stability tests to make sure everything holds together.

I appreciate all the advice I received on this & hope this is useful to someone else down the road............

Back