• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! What kind of barebone is this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

betwixt

Hi there!

I can get a deal with someone and buy a barebone pc of which I only know a few specs (core i7 860, 4Gb DDR3, 500Gb Hdd, ATI Radeon 5550). But what I'm interested in, what's the brand/type? Does anyone know? I can't find it.

mystery-mini-pc.jpg

I don't know, because you only took one picture that show the case(a old and almost out date case that is)
And your question are not specific, brand/type of what? the case or the part inside?
and take more picture from different angle

I don't know, because you only took one picture that show the case(a old and almost out date case that is)
And your question are not specific, brand/type of what? the case or the part inside?
and take more picture from different angle

Thanks for your reply.
I'm about to buy this xpc, and want to find out about the parts inside, yes. I know the processor, memory and added graphicscard. But the woman who sells the thing is not going to open it up to find out about the mainboard...I know by now that it's custom built.

I did find another picture of the back here:
http://verkopen.marktplaats.nl/photopopup/551137387/2

Possible to find out the mainboard from that? Probably not..

OK, now i can tell it's a matx (micro atx mobo), no way of telling what brand the mobo is

Ok thanks. So hard to tell if the price of 300 euro's I'm about to pay for it is fair, right? Based on the known specs...
How bad could the mobo be..it supports ddr3, sata 3....

It's have USB 3.0(2 of them)
and the Intel i7 860 is not a bad chip :), at for the performance of that thing, i don't know, you have to check it out yourself

It's have USB 3.0(2 of them)
and the Intel i7 860 is not a bad chip :), at for the performance of that thing, i don't know, you have to check it out yourself

Alright. Thanks for your help man!

It looks like a fairly decent board. USB 3.0 and eSata outputs, everything you'd need, and wouldn't be a deal breaker. Looks more miniITX to me, but I'm not sure. Perhaps Zotac brand board?

Back