• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HTC Smartphone Users

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

here a few leads to a few different things..

SPC - if yours is not all 000000's then google RevSkills and you can unlock and change it to whatever you want. Useful for QPST writes & reads, and on device programming.

Root - they have a very handy tool called HtcSuperToolV3. Make sure your phone has spc of 000000's first, then put phone into fastboot and run tool.

Some well known codes = ##3424# (##DIAG#), ##3282# (##DATA#). ##33284# (##DEBUG#) ##778# or ##778 Nam &etc

so a spec of dust compared to all the info out there, but its a start :D

Last edited:
Are they any good compare to other brands in the same price range like sony ericsson? My sister and I wanted one for it's price but a bit weary that it's from China. Would it be better to buy a HTC or an Apple iPhone?

Are they any good compare to other brands in the same price range like sony ericsson? My sister and I wanted one for it's price but a bit weary that it's from China. Would it be better to buy a HTC or an Apple iPhone?

HTC is a quality company. I'd go as far to say that the HTC OneX is the best Android phone on the market, I'd even prefer to to a Galaxy S III.

iPhone is if you want something easy to use. Android is if you want full control over your phone. If you're going Android, HTC, Samsung, Motorola are all great options. All depends on your budget though.

Htc's are nice phones .. and just like everything else its what you look for in a phone..

I just did a htc kingdom to cricket .. nice phone.. screen could have been bigger...
I also did a samsung galaxy s .. great single core phone big screen..

Pretty much all i look at these days .. screen size, cpu, ram, unlock ability ..

Htc offers a way to unlock bootloader from htcdev ...to bad couldnt get just as easy solution for s-off..

If you can root your phone than it becomes allot more likeable in my opinion

Been a while since ive played with sony..havent had gsm network for a while. But they were nice phones then.. java based back then was very cool as opposed to brew stuff

HTC is by far my favorite phone company.
I'd much rather have android over an iPhone, personally.

I have an HTC Sensation 4G rooted with a custom rom flashed to it that also overclocks the cpu. I love it :)

I know some people that have Samsung android phones and I just don't like them as much (Especially stock roms).

Plus some HTC phones seem to have a lot more 3rd party devs working on custom stuff compared to Samsung.
There are at least 10 ROMs I could flash onto my Sensation...compared to almost none for my mom's galaxy S.

Back