• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using Precision X and Speedfan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luanpa

Registered
Hey guys I just have a quick question regarding using EVGA Precision X and Speedfan at the same time. The question is rather they will interfere with each other when it comes to fan control. I have been using Speedfan to control general temperatures across the system but I understand Precision X will control the GPU fan speed. Should I be worried about something messing up or things not being controlled correctly? I currently have Precision X on auto fan control and also have Speedfan controlling fans automatically...:confused:

Speed fan doesnt control GPU fans in the first place (I hate speed fan, its so old!!), so I cant imagine why it would interfere.

Speed fan doesnt control GPU fans in the first place (I hate speed fan, its so old!!), so I cant imagine why it would interfere.

Cool. That answers that question:thup:. If you think Speedfan is old, do you have any suggestions on any other temp monitoring software I should use? I'm not a huge fan of Speedfan anyway

Cool. That answers that question:thup:. If you think Speedfan is old, do you have any suggestions on any other temp monitoring software I should use? I'm not a huge fan of Speedfan anyway
Hwmonitor is good, though can be overwhelming to some as there is a lot of data on the screen. To simplify things, Realtemp for temps only and a fan controller for fans OR plug them in to the motherboard and use the motherboard software.

Back