• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new gaming laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylan woodhouse

Registered
hi, i am wondering if this is a decent spect machine for casual gaming and work and how long will it last me and will it play crysis
16GB 1333MHZ DDR3 Ram
1.5 Terabyte Hard Drive
Nvidia GTX 460M 3D Ready Graphics Card 1.5GB
Second Generation Intel Core i7 Quad Core 2.0Ghz X8

:shrug:does no ones know?

it will play it pretty well. i have the same laptop but i am currently getting it repaired. the 460 plays serious sam 3 at about 30fps on max settings IIRC which is a game thats pretty intensive as well. is the card among the best? no, but at the price youll pay for the laptop its more than you should normally. watch out though because a lot of the g53sw xa1 laptops had the magnitizing issue with the toughpad when you closed your laptop. the only solutions for this are to swipe a magnet over the pad or send it in for an exchange. i sent mine in for exchange and the second one didnt have the issue. the april 2011 production dated models supposedly all suffered from this, but my replacement was from april 2011 production as well... it doesnt have this problem. also, get the right angle power plug adaptor to avoid breaking the power adaptor socket.

edit: this isnt the g53sw xa1 if it has 16 gigs... the laptop i have only has 8 gigs... which is more than enough.

Last edited:
Back