• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SDD and hybrid drive issue with window 7 ultimate 64bit.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jordanrctm

Cannot find a fix for this anywhere. Just got all my components in and started my first custom build since windows XP first came out. Now I have an issue with installing an SSD (OCZ 256gb Agility 4) and a hybrid drive (Seagate 750gb). I can read these drives in the Asus Bios as connected to the appropriate sata ports, but could not install Windows 7 to either one. I then moved my Western digital 3tb drive to C and installed with no issues. The other drives are still found in the bios still, but not found in Windows computer. Then after a reboot, 113 windows updates later the SSD is not recognized in the bios, the hybrid drive is, but still not in windows. And after installing the OS on the terabyte drive it decreased to 2tb from 3tb. Think I am having a MB problem? Asus Crosshair V formula and AMD FX8150.

1. You do not say what model of motherboard you are using and it makes a big difference in the long run.
Edit:
I see you have the CHV mobo.
End Edit.

2. Should we assume you are using Win 7 64bit operating system?

3. If I were trying to install Win 7 64 bit to the OCZ Agility 4, it would be the only hard drive attached to the system and it on the first Sata port. Bios set to Sata Drives a AHCI mode. That would be the least I would ensure is setup.

4. The 3TB drive drops to ~2TB since Win 7 has a 2TB limit unless the motherboard supports EFI/UEFI over 2TB booting partition using GPT partitioning schemes.

Thanks for the info. I did find out that I had a Faulty SSD. Should have done more research on the drive and Manufactor. Seems that this version Agility 4 has a lot of failures. Newegg did RMA it out and after replacing the drive, I installed 7 ultimate 64bit to it with no problems except that it is taking 71 gb of space. I thought that the max space was supposed to be 20gb. 71 gigs and no other software or drivers for the system installed. This kinda gets me off on the wrong foot on a 256gig SSD.
System info: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced, Asus Crosshair V Formula Mother board, AMD 8150 Processor, 32gb of G.Skill 1600 DDR3, XFX 7970 single Graphics, Lite-on dvd burner, Lite-on Blue Ray burner, OCZ 256 gb SSD Agility, Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB hybrid drive, WD 3 TB HD, Water cooled Processor. Installing Windows 7 Ultimate.

Back