• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3930k temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

agulerer

Hi,

I bought a new motherboard, cpu and rams. And wondering about temps. I thought they were too high. Can you please advise me;

Mobo: ASUS R4E
CPU: 3930K
RAM: 4X 4 GB GSKILL 1866 CL9 1.5V
CASE: LEVEL 10 GT
COOLER: CORSAIR H100 PULL

4.22 @ 1.22v prime 95 full load temps high: 74 C

Room Temp = 29 C

Is that normal?

Last edited:
yea that seems a bit high to me for that cpu as all the current lga2011 cpus run pretty cool from what ive seen.
what did you use for thermal paste and how did you apply it?
how long has it been since you installed the h100's block to the cpu before running prime 95?

I used Arctic Silver 5 and I applied it very thin with credit card. I applied very thin. Should I reapply again?

I used Arctic Silver 5 and I applied it very thin with credit card. I applied very thin. Should I reapply again?

dont apply it too thinly! i usually use the cross method. Usually the excess will be squeezed out if you have a really tight mount.Try again with a bit more paste. I would suggest the cross method, but you can decide for yourself! I found this vid very helpful!

I reapplied thermal grease and used cross method. But again with 1.28 Vcore I had 80C max 1 hour Prime 95. H100 fans operating at 2200 rpm and H100 working.

4.3 GHZ
I set Vcore = 1.28 V
CPU VCCSA = 1.25 V
Dram V = 1.50 V

all other settings are auto.

I still think it is hot. What can I do?

Last edited:
What does CPU-Z show as the Vcore while running Prime, and set to 1.28V in the BIOS? For a 4.3GHz clock I think a loaded Vcore of ~ 1.20 - 1.25V would be more inline as to the voltage required.

I'm just waiting for you to post the error in the BSOD.

Edit: And a System Agent voltage (VCCSA) of 1.25V is way too high. Just leave it on Auto, and lower the DRAM frequency to either DDR3-1333 or 1600 for the time being, this w/ the lower Vcore setting. Then boot to Memtest86+ installed to a thumb drive, and check the RAM for errors before attempting to boot into the OS.

I am using Gskill 1866 CL9 and on Gskill site, for my rams it says on R4E use 1.25 v for VCCSA so I set because of this.

Just a FYI, but the absolute max. VCCSA as spec'd by Intel for the 3rd gen. chips is .971V

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 273
Bsod error started with A clock interrupt was not rec..... on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval

Back