• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Headphones

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xK1LLSW1TCHx127

Registered
Hello community, I come with yet another question, this time about sound =)

Recently I realized that I didn't want to use my sound system for gaming anymore (parents think it's too loud, keeping me from my battlefield!) so I am looking at some decent headphones (no headsets please) that I can use for gaming/music.
Types of music I listen to: Classical, movie soundtracks (YAY john williams!), electronic (dubstep, trance, techno and house, etc.) and really heavy metal (Berzerker, suicide silence, lamb of god, metallica, etc.)
Games I play? Battlefield 3 and Gears of War 3, Starcraft and Crysis 3 when released

I realized that all of what i do demands lots of bass, and my Sony earbuds @ 40Hz just can't handle it without static and insane rattling, so i've been looking at the Sony XB500 and the Sennheiser HD 202. I'd like to keep things under $50 USD since I'm not an audiphile =) (yet). Suggestions, guidance, help please? Thanks =):thup:

I have had my Steel Series Siberia 2 headphones for quite a while now and I love the things. They don't have the greatest build quality (they are a bit plasticky), but they sound fantastic, feel great, and have a great mic. (I listen to classical, death metal, general rock, and the occasional dubstep)

Back