• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI GT60 FPS issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaawew

I have been playing a game called sauerbraten on this laptop for a few days and I have been getting good FPS in it, I get 200-300 FPS because it's not a demanding game but I asked some other people who play and they say with a 460m in their laptops they are getting FPS of 700-1000. This laptop has a GTX 670m and i'm wondering if there is a problem with the laptop. (I don't know if this says anything but my PC with a GTX 570 gets 1000 FPS constant in the game)

Oops... sorry.

Yeah not sure. I would imagine with such a game and the FPS that it gets that I would expect some serious CPU horsepower to push that many FPS. Do those getting better FPS have faster CPUs or settings tweaked different?

There are sooo many variables here that with the information provided we cannot help well at all. Not to mention, I havent even heard of the game so not sure how much support you will receive by people who played it.

Oops... sorry.

Yeah not sure. I would imagine with such a game and the FPS that it gets that I would expect some serious CPU horsepower to push that many FPS. Do those getting better FPS have faster CPUs or settings tweaked different?

There are sooo many variables here that with the information provided we cannot help well at all. Not to mention, I havent even heard of the game so not sure how much support you will receive by people who played it.

I'll ask the person I talked to what laptop he has so I can check the sepcs

I now have another question, why would there be applications on here that I cannot open. When I try to open the "MSI VGA OVERCLOCK TOOL" nothing happens.

Okay something is wrong here, playing the game using the GTX 670m I get 220-250 fps and using the Intel 4000 graphics im getting steady 280 fps. I know what GPU is being used because when I open the game it tells me what it is using to render the game.

EDIT: after more looking I have figured out that I get exactly the same FPS weather I play the game using the GTX 670m or the intel 4000 graphics. I'm not sure what is wrong here.

EDIT2: Now when I use the GTX 670m I get 320 fps constant and with the Intel 4000 graphics i'm getting 400-500

Last edited:
Back