• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build it your way!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gamer101

Hi!
I have always bought my pc directly at stores:cool:, but I'm interested in trying to build my own. One game in particular that I was using as a focal point was the ability to play Diablo 3. I would prefer staying under $600.00, but what I have created through newegg will run approximately around $740.00.

I would like a professional advise if what I chose is compatible and if there are any other choices I should look at to get closer to my budget.

Here we go:

Case: CoolerMaster Elite 431 Plus RC-431P-KWN,ATX Mid Tower $44.99

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 AM3+AMD 970 SATA 6GB/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD motherboard with UEFI BIOS $94.99

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4Ghz Socket AM3 125W Quad Core Processor $109.99

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8Gb(2x4gb) 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR31600 $45.99

PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M600-AMBA-D3 600W $79.99

Graphic Card: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD6850 1GB 256-bitGDDR5 PCI Express $134.99

HD: Seagate Barracuda ST31000524 AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0 Gb/s 3.5" $$99.99

DVD Burner: ASUS DRW -24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner $19.99

7 Home Premium $99.00

Thanks for looking at this.

Gamer101

Diablo 3 has very low requirements. I know this setup would run it perfectly fine at highest settings. I don't know if you will be playing any other games that are more demanding but i would suggest buying an after market heat sync in case you ever try to overclock your CPU.

I recently built my rig and it was my first one ever. I learned a lot off of youtube where i was confused on certain details.

This is one of the best videos i have seen. It is very long but worth it if you are confused on some details.

Do you have a microcenter near you? You will get 50$ off of a Mobo with the purchase of a unlocked Intell cpu. Also some of those other parts are alot cheaper there. I would buy GPU and maybe power supply from Newegg

Just a quick glance. The case is pretty weak. It only has a 120x1 in the front and back. That's really not enough airflow for your setup. You should get a case with two 120x2 intake fans and two 120x2 for exhaust.

Yo got a lot of wattage you need to dissipate and keep cool. You also will want a case with 8" width for a proper CPU cooler. A good cooler for the CPU (you will want one) needs a case 8" wide. We have a bazillion builds here, look in the cooling section and see what cases they use.

Take your time, a bad purchase now will cost you money later.

That case he is using on Youtube is pretty good for a mid range air cooled case. You picked low end.............

Look at the Rosewill Challenger or HAF912 for a few more fans in that price range, though I think you should be fine airflow wise, can always throw in some cheap Yate Loons later. I have the non-Elite version of the case, it wasn't bad for $40.

Might be able to get a bit cheaper HDD and DVD burner. The Corsair CX600 should also be a cheaper, extremely reliable PSU. If you don't think you're going to go multicard, might be able to get away with the CX500.

With the saved money, I'd try to upgrade to a 6870.

Back