• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Display Off on 32"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flameethrower

Picked up at 32" LED Philips, hooked it up to laptop via HDMI.

And no matter what setting i have it at I can NOT get it to use full screen and have clear text. If i use 1920x1080 which is says recommended it goes beyond the screen and cant see the start menu.

Any Ideas

Well I did a custom aspect Ratio and dropped it doen to 65 V 65 H and got it all to fit, Not just need to make text bigger

Well I am unable to get program text as well as browser text online to get bigger without causign DPI to zoom in and make everything huge.

I have it on 125% DPI which is perfect for everything but text.

Last edited:
Quite often there are multiple overscan options on these screens. Usually you can choose one thats ordinarily called "computer" and everything works just fine. Older plasma screens on the other hand try to do this automatically and won't allow you to select the right setting manually. Yours is an LED backlit LCD so you should be right.

I went into menu on tv, found picture, and switched it from HDTV to PC. and it did make text lil better to read,but Still i need the webpages zoomed at 125% and DPI at 125%

Well looks like it was Google Chrome not having the ability to allow me to have ONE set font and size for EVERY page.

Set this on FF and all sites are able to read better without having to zoom in on the browser.

Back