• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming PC Build Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iamapineapple

These are parts I have so far for a Mid-Tier gaming system to play Guild Wars 2/Borderlands 2/Starcraft 2 etc. Was hoping to get the cost down around $700 what could I go down on besides the case which I like?

NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Tower USB 3.0 Gaming Case - Black $99.99

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz LGA 1155 $189.99

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherb... $84.99

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply $63.74

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digit...TF8&qid=1343067731&sr=1-2&keywords=hard+drive Forgot HD :S $87.23
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz $53.99

Diamond 7850PE52G AMD Radeon HD 7850 2048MB GDDR5 ... $249.99

Total: $880

• What are you planning to do with this computer? Please be as specific as possible.
Gaming – Guild Wars 2 / Borderlands 2 / Starcraft II
• What is your budget? $700-800
1. Does this include a copy of Windows? Yes, Have a copy already
2. Does this include peripherals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)? Have these already
• Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
Microcenter/Amazon/Newegg etc
2. If you are from the United States, do you live nearby a Microcenter?
Yes/Chicago
• Do you have any specific requests with the build?
1. Do you plan on overclocking? If yes, do you have a specific goal in mind? Not necessarily
2. Would you prefer the build to be particularly small? Average Size
3. Would you prefer the build to be particularly quiet? Quieter
4. In general, do you prefer this to be a computer that you can spend money on now and let it rest, or a box built for continuous upgrading? The option to upgrade would be nice
5. Do you ever plan on utilizing NVIDIA's SLI or AMD's CrossfireX technologies? These features, with a compatible motherboard, allow a user to link multiple identical graphic cards together for added performance. In real world terms, this lets you buy a second identical graphics card down the line as a relatively cheap and easy way to gain a fairly large boost in performance. However, this requires buying a SLI/CFX compatible motherboard and PSU now, which may result in slightly higher initial cost.
Not a huge factor

Last edited:
Knufire the king of the combo deals :), one suggestion I have is a good heatsink if you are planning on OC'ing it.

that looks nice guess id be saving $100 through those combos on newegg the only problem im having is that im in canada atm so newegg just redirects me to the canadian site :( maybe if i go through a proxy? I will be ordering the stuff back home and pick up next weekend tho.

Back