• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uh oh, strange white scrunge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
swapping out cpu's i have a strange, white scrunge on the inside of just one clear tube, waterblock outlet to the rad. it's still wet, i just drained the system but wipes out with a q-tip.
the loop has been together for 6- 8 weeks, i found a few posts on cleaning before building the loop and did the rad dance with distilled water 4 or 5 times.
I run distilled water, three drops of alge destroyer and 2 drops of uv auto coolant dye in a 1quart system.
any ideas what it is.
how to clean it out of the block.
and most of all, how to keep it from coming back?

ok got the answer, it's the arsenic in the alge destroyer eating my loop, i was thinking about a bunch of new stuff anyway so killing this one off is not such a bad thing.

Last edited:
It's placticiser, a common problem with clear tubing. Just clean your blocks and tubing and then reinstall. If it clouds again, then repeat the process.

what should i use to clean the systen with, 50/50 water and vineger?

I have bought a new mobo, so it's cleaning/rebuild week.
the koolance paper work tells me how to rebuild the block but, not one word about a solvent. i will be useing MEK in the rad, will this be ok in the cold plate?
I assume it will be copper on the inside when i take it apart.

Back