• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

liquid cooling system good enough for the build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoninX91

Registered
hello people,
I want to know if this liquid cooling system is good enough for my new build. Nothing is purchased yet but will be soon. the the pc parts are good and done deal.
Liquid Cooling System:
-Ek Supreme LTX Nickel AMD Cpu water block
-2 Ek-fc7870 Nickel GPU Water Blocks
-XSPC single 5.25 bay Res. (If you have a better suggestion on bay res please let me know, pref. clear.)
-Phobya dc12-400 12volt pump
-black ice 240mm rad
-black ice 120mm rad.

Pc build:
-Corsair Vengeance c70 white
-MSI 990FXA GD80V2
-AMD FX8150
-Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600mhz black
-Samsung 830 series 256GB ssd
-Western Digital 2TB Black HD
-2 Sapphire 7850's in Xfire
-Seasonic 1050w PSU
-Asus Blu-ray drive

If any suggestions let me know.

You 'should' have more rad. And what Black Ice rads? Some are old and pretty poor performers.

In the stickies is how you can calculate your heatload vs your planned radiator size.

The pump is 'okay', it will have enough flow/pressure to work.

Single height bay resses are a pain. They are hard to keep filled during bleeding and have you considered how your going to fill it when it's in the 5.25 slot?

Black Ice GT Stealth 120 Radiator and XSPC EX240 Dual 120mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator. (the 240mm black ice was no good). Any suggestions for a good and reasonably priced res?

music fan thanks for the info, but thats not what im asking, im asking if the parts are good enough performers

music fan thanks for the info, but thats not what im asking, im asking if the parts are good enough performers

In water cooling, performance can be calculated. We're giving you all the information you need for you to calculate your own performance. :)

Well I'll say no. You should have 120x4 in raddage. The 120 BI Stealth is more like a 100x1 in capability and needs high RPM fans to work well.

But, your parts is enough to give it a try. It temps are too high get rid of the BI and get another 120x2 rad.

Go for it! Plan to fill the res with a filltube or something. You'll see what I mean if you haven't before.

Post pics. And what liquid/biocide you using?

ive used primochill ice in past friend/client builds but i never made my own cooling system by choosing my own parts. so this is y im asking. but the liquid i havent had complaints so ill go with that.

Umm, have you spent a few hours in the stickies up top to read what we recommend?

The majority of us use distilled water and a biocide. Cheap and can't be beat.

It's your stuff.

yah i switched up a lot of my components (rads, res, fans) blocks are the same. ill keep the water and biocide in mind, but ive used with primochill before for clients with no complaints and theyre still using the primochill so well see. thanks for the advice

Back