• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lol Whats wrong With my Power Supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arcanegrinarc

Today, I got my new Cabinet NZXT, it didnt work and it scrwd my PSU i saw some smoke coming out with some lame smell and something broke inside funny i was loling out loud but it wont start up what shud i do go talk to the seller? will he replace it? its not even 1 month damn the Cabinet's power button was scrwd up and it booped my PSU :rain:

The power switch is connected to the motherboard...and the whole turn on circuit is an extremely low-powered and shouldn't burn anything.

More likely than not, your motherboard is grounded to the case. Did you use standoffs when you screwed it in?

Well you'll need a replacement PSU first, can't really test anything without a working PSU.

And, you know, take out the motherboard and put it in with standoffs.

Well you'll need a replacement PSU first, can't really test anything without a working PSU.

And, you know, take out the motherboard and put it in with standoffs.

hmmm i think its power switch has gone mad so im using my old cabinet rite nao cuz my old psu isnt even starting there so i think there's some problem in the cabinet's Power switch wire

Take a paper clip and touch it to both the pins that the power switch plugs in to on the motherboard.

But first, install the motherboard with standoffs. The back of the motherboard should not be touching the case. Things are connected that aren't supposed to be connected.

Back