• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can download, but not upload!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edon

Hey all,

I recently finished a new build and everything seems to run fine except I can't upload anything more than a few kb. I have run several speedtests and downloads run fine, but uploads never leave "connecting". I've read numerous forums and googled everything I can think of but cant seem to solve the problem. My desktop is wired and is what is having issues, I have a laptop connected to the same router but is wireless and has no issues uploading. Can someone please help?!

What happens if you bypass the router and plug directly into the modem?

Tried plugging it directly into the modem with a slight change, the upload test finished but came in at about .03 MB/s.

Reinstalled the LAN drivers? If you plugin the laptop (wired) does it work properly?

Reinstalling the drivers was the first step I took and it made my download speed jump about 10 mb/s (have a fiber optic network at school) but didnt effect upload at all. Was actually just about to try the laptop hardwired, will let you know the results.

Hardwired my laptop to the same port and it had no issues uploading (made sure it was disconnected from the wireless). Tried the desktop again and still the same issue.

Hardwired my laptop to the same port and it had no issues uploading (made sure it was disconnected from the wireless). Tried the desktop again and still the same issue.

What about wireless on the desktop?

Just a quick update, I picked up a wireless card for the desktop since the wireless on my laptop worked i figured it was worth a shot. Still the same issue, connection is slightly better but not enough for a permanent fix to the problem. Still cant upload stuff to e-mail's, going to try a few games tonight and see if I have enough of a connection to play online.

Fixed!! Re-installed newest drivers for the wireless card and I can upload again! Tried hardwired and it still wont work though. I at least have something that works now.

Does anyone have a clue as to why my wireless will work but not the hardwire?

Back