• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEM Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bulldog1963

Okay. Black Edition Memory. ANYONE using this? Can ANYONE tell me where to find it for under 100 bucks for a 2 gig stick? Do they make 4 gig sticks? Does it work like Intel's XMP? Does it make a difference if I am making the latency setting manually anyway?

If it's anything like XMP, doesn't make much of a difference if you just manually set timings and speed. Never heard of BE edition RAM myself.

Apparently AMD Overdrive control panel was supposed to detect BE memory and tune it , along with NB and other settings for the best possible efficiency. It was intro'd in 2k9, i think to supplement OC on the Phenom chips and boards using BE equipment. Direct competition to XMP but with greater flexibility and the ability to make changes to setting "on-the-fly."

I can find that Corsair and OZC made BEM but none are selling it. Guess it never caught fire... :(

There were some kits in the past but really it doesn't matter as most memory kits are now tested on all popular platforms for both AMD and Intel and you can set XMP profiles with about the same effect.

Back