• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Program to undervolt P2 955?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

I working on undervolting my cpu. I'm curious is there a app i can use in windows for my processor. Cause I know in bios if you keep going down you possibly hit a point that i will have to reset my bios and open my case. I'd rather do it from a app so I do not have to do that during testing.

Thanks

You should be able to do it from bios without having to reset the cmos if you just take it in small increments and stress test in Windows before lowering the voltage another notch. Usually, what happens is if the voltage is too low on the CPU it will either fail to completely load Windows or be unstable in Windows under load before it gets to the point of not loading the bios or not starting at all. AMDOverdrive could be used to do what you want but it won't avoid the problem you are speaking of any better than doing it from the bios.

Back