• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED i5 2500k 99°c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

martin12

hi (sorry for my english)

cause of problem with my intel ventirad fan (start 3sec after cpu)

my i5 2500k up multi time to 99°c (on my debug led) but just during 3sec on the start

he work perfectly but that problem can cause damage on my cpu ?

thanks !!

hi (sorry for my english)

cause of problem with my intel ventirad fan (start 3sec after cpu)

my i5 2500k up multi time to 99°c (on my debug led) but just during 3sec on the start

he work perfectly but that problem can cause damage on my cpu ?

thanks !!

1)
If it's just for a few seconds, then no it won't damage your PC. I find it strange that the CPU can reach 99 degrees during start-up though, Even with no fan on, the processor shouldn't be that stressed during startup.

2)
Unless you mean fan start, as in your processor reaches 99 degrees before the fan starts? If that's the case, then I would definitely modify that number. I'm pretty sure Ivy Bridge CPU's will force the PC to shutdown if they reach something like 120 degrees?

if your scenario is #2, then yes, it is dangerous. I'd change the high limit setting to start your fan quicker, maybe at 80 degrees or something like that

1)
If it's just for a few seconds, then no it won't damage your PC. I find it strange that the CPU can reach 99 degrees during start-up though, Even with no fan on, the processor shouldn't be that stressed during startup.

2)
Unless you mean fan start, as in your processor reaches 99 degrees before the fan starts? If that's the case, then I would definitely modify that number. I'm pretty sure Ivy Bridge CPU's will force the PC to shutdown if they reach something like 120 degrees?

if your scenario is #2, then yes, it is dangerous. I'd change the high limit setting to start your fan quicker, maybe at 80 degrees or something like that

1) you think not normal whitout fan ? maybe the debug led bug ?

2) yes 99°c before the fan start. after the fan start (100%) and temp down normaly

but is intel ventirad probleme but not dangerous if its just few seconde ?

ok i try to down temp max on bios

1) you think not normal whitout fan ? maybe the debug led bug ?

2) yes 99°c before the fan start. after the fan start (100%) and temp down normaly

but is intel ventirad probleme but not dangerous if its just few seconde ?

ok i try to down temp max on bios

Hold on, let me make sure we're talking about the same thing here. Your Debug LED shows you temperature of your CPU??

This '99' on your Debug LED only happens when you start the computer? If your computer is on for a few hours, what does the debug LED read?

Hold on, let me make sure we're talking about the same thing here. Your Debug LED shows you temperature of your CPU??

This '99' on your Debug LED only happens when you start the computer? If your computer is on for a few hours, what does the debug LED read?

yes sure the debug led show temp of cpu after 3 sec the fan start and the temp down normaly

now the debug led said 21°c the good temp

if the 99 degrees is ONLY when you start the computer, then it's ok. If the 99 degrees occurs every time the fan shuts off (X amount of times during PC operation) then it is NOT ok.

My guess is that your board starts displaying the temperature AFTER POSTing, and, while it POSTs, it displays what any other board displays, the POST codes.

Exact 99 Celsius every time you turn on your computer? I can't comprehend that.

My guess is that your board starts displaying the temperature AFTER POSTing, and, while it POSTs, it displays what any other board displays, the POST codes.

Exact 99 Celsius every time you turn on your computer? I can't comprehend that.

yeah that's where my confusion lies as well. I'm trying to figure out if he means this only happens during boot, or if he means he has a fan that only turns on when the CPU reaches a certain threshold (like ASUS Qfan tech).

It's hard when the OP does not understand english well

if the 99 degrees is ONLY when you start the computer, then it's ok. If the 99 degrees occurs every time the fan shuts off (X amount of times during PC operation) then it is NOT ok.

i buy a new ventirad and i receive them in 1 week

yes its only when i start ! so its ok i can continue with my 99°c 3 seconde when i start for 1 week with no danger ?

i buy a new ventirad and i receive them in 1 week

yes its only when i start ! so its ok i can continue with my 99°c 3 seconde when i start for 1 week with no danger ?

in the first 3 seconds (when your PC is POSTING) the Debug LED does exactly that, display a Debug code. Chances are the 99 is not degrees, but more a 'all systems are go' then your actual CPU temperature is displayed. Don't worry, your processor is nowhere near 99 degrees during startup :)

i have 99°c only when i start !

i think its because the fan of intel ventirad start 3 seconde after i push the power bouton

i try to connect my old ventirad cpu fan of my e8400 and he start directly not like him

maybe its a bug of debug led too because 99°c its realy big ...i dont know thats why i want to know if the temp realy up to 99°c like my debug led said on the start can damage my cpu ?

i have 99°c only when i start !

i think its because the fan of intel ventirad start 3 seconde after i push the power bouton

i try to connect my old ventirad cpu fan of my e8400 and he start directly not like him

maybe its a bug of debug led too because 99°c its realy big ...i dont know thats why i want to know if the temp realy up to 99°c like my debug led said on the start can damage my cpu ?

no I'm 100% sure that it is only the Debug LED giving you a debug code. Your system is fine, there is nothing to worry about

in the first 3 seconds (when your PC is POSTING) the Debug LED does exactly that, display a Debug code. Chances are the 99 is not degrees, but more a 'all systems are go' then your actual CPU temperature is displayed. Don't worry, your processor is nowhere near 99 degrees during startup :)

ohh yes realy smart !! the debug laid said exactly 98 sometime 99

in the manual 98 = Console input devices connect
99 = Super IO Initialization

maybe is that ?

We need someone who speaks German.

It's OK, buddy, don't worry. Your CPU temperature is not 99 Celsius degrees, that number means the board is working. That is not temperature. That is a power-on self test.

:D i look manual and yes all "temp" is initialization code !!

:D the debug led is new for me (2 days)

:attn: thanks for your help guys !!

:salute:

Last edited:
Back