• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cinebench score inconsistent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spellior

Hi all,
I'm new here and would like to ask about an issue I have with my CPU.

I have overclocked my 8700K to 4.7GHz, running totally stable. Thermals are perfectly fine (Noctua Air cooler). I have ran multiple stress tests which have passed. In my BIOS, I have maxed out the power limit settings etc.

My problem is:
Once I start my computer and run Cinebench, the score I get is about 9400. If I let my computer stay on (on idle) for a while, say 10 mins, and then re-run the test, I only get 8700 points. Why is this?
I can see that this maybe is affected by the effective core clocks, which is during the first test at 4.7GHz, and on the other test about 4.6GHz.

Is it a setting I have to adjust? Please help.

I did that. I can't see any reason the CPU would throttle. Also monitored the stress test via ThrottleStop, the C0 state was like 99% when the effective clocks were not on their max rate. It should be on 100% I guess. But I don't know how to fix it.

On your Cinebench issue, CB likes a clean boot. Makes a big difference in score.
Also, make sure nothing is running in the backround.

I don't think it is just a Cinebench issue. Same thing when I use Prime95 for instance. Right after boot, effective clocks are at 4.7GHz. I stop the stresstest and retry it about 15 mins later, and the clocks are down to 4.6GHz~. Thus,, I think this might affect the overall performance.

I think I found the problem. To disable C STATES might have fixed it.
How much power is going to be consumed compared to if it was enabled? Just a rough estimate?

Back