• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GMA 950 overclocking - WHOA THE SPEED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rescuetoaster

So, I have an older Lenovo X60 convertible tablet that I use for school. It is more or less perfectly able to do everything I need to do, but the graphics performance is atrocious. Given how much I am changing the orientation of the screen, I thought maybe a little overclock on the intel GMA 950 gpu would help make that change faster.

Using a tool called GMAbooster, I am now able to run it at 400 mhz (same as the desktop GMA 950 apparently) instead of the stock 166. I haven't had a chance to see how much, if at all, it affects the battery performance, but my W7 graphics rating went up by .1 points. .1! WOW!

Obviously this was mostly sarcastic, but I figured I'd make a thread in case anyone else has intel graphics on their ultraportable/laptops and wants a little boost in performance.

cool
I have a t60 witch is the bigger brother to the x60
but it has a x1300. wish I could OC it, it hardly plays CS 1.6 and ut99 :(
and it runs supper hot ( yes I changed the tim) even runs hot with the fan at full speed
my x41 was the same way :(

Last edited:
cool
I have a t60 witch is the bigger brother to the x60
but it has a x1300. wish I could OC it, it hardly plays CS 1.6 and ut99 :(
and it runs supper hot ( yes I changed the tim) even runs hot with the fan at full speed
my x41 was the same way :(

Really? I had an old T40 back in highschool, had a 7500 (no, not part of the new DX11 line :( ). It still managed to run Source games @ 640x480, lowest settings at playable frame rates (just over 35fps stock, slightly closer to 40 OCed if I remember right). I'm surprised a newer card can't run older games :shrug:

Awesome part was when we moved. Didn't need the laptop for school anymore and I didn't have my desktop (moved oversees and it took 2 months to go through customs). For some reason my monitor got there first though. So, I did when any logical person would do. Popped the keyboard off, slapped as many ramsinks as I could without shorting anything out onto the GPU and video ram, aimed a small fan at it and set it off to the side. Managed to get a small OC out of it.

Really? I had an old T40 back in highschool, had a 7500 (no, not part of the new DX11 line :( ). It still managed to run Source games @ 640x480, lowest settings at playable frame rates (just over 35fps stock, slightly closer to 40 OCed if I remember right). I'm surprised a newer card can't run older games :shrug:
it has 64mb of vram and I think it's 64/32 bit SD ram, might be down clocked too
TBH my x41 played ut99 and CS1.6 better, but my t60 does a better job with vbox and dosbox

that and I play games at 1024x768
the t60's lcd is junk and scales like crap

edit
but if I recall the lower end x1xxx cards where junk

Last edited:
it has 64mb of vram and I think it's 64/32 bit SD ram, might be down clocked too
TBH my x41 played ut99 and CS1.6 better, but my t60 does a better job with vbox and dosbox

that and I play games at 1024x768
the t60's lcd is junk and scales like crap

edit
but if I recall the lower end x1xxx cards where junk

I think it was the 32mb 7500 I was using, not 100% sure though. Used 2 thinkpads around that time, the old one and then another one I was allowed to use during an internship. One had a 1.5ghz Pentium M and the 32mb 7500, the other had a 2ghz P4 and the 16mb 7500, and I always get the two screwed up.

But I did have a desktop x1300 at one point, and well, it played...uhh...WoW?

Back on topic though. I wonder if the GMAbooster thingy would work on my netbook. Don't remember exactly what it had and don't use it anymore, but might break it out again if it could at least start handling 720p video.

I think it was the 32mb 7500 I was using, not 100% sure though. Used 2 thinkpads around that time, the old one and then another one I was allowed to use during an internship. One had a 1.5ghz Pentium M and the 32mb 7500, the other had a 2ghz P4 and the 16mb 7500, and I always get the two screwed up.

But I did have a desktop x1300 at one point, and well, it played...uhh...WoW?
odd, well laptop gpu's are often much different.
I know many NV cards have half the shades

I'll try gaming at a lower rez (PM the results)

Back