• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help deciding between 660 Ti cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itslikeyours

So I have decided to smash my piggy bank and collect my 329,000 pennies to buy one of the better versions of a GTX 660 Ti GPU. Now I had my little gaming heart set on the Asus 660 Ti Top edition but I cant find it on sale anywhere, so then ran in to the EVGA 660 Ti Super Clocked with 3GB of ram and even though it has a rather standard 980MHz with a boost clock of 1059MHz (the TOP edition has a crazy 1059MHz as standard and boost of 1137MHz).

So any thoughts on performance between there cards? Or are there any better 660 Ti cards out there I am not aware of?

P.S. I am not too worried about them running a little hot as that EVGA one does since I will be slapping a big 220mm fan on my NZXT Phantom case to blast air right on the card. :D

you can probably just overclock the card to those speeds and have it all the time instead of just booost :) though im not too savvy on nvidia but im sure if one comes stock like that it can go further! :D

id get evga one, 3gb will be very future proofed for gaming or higher res or multi monitor. unless your always staying at low res single monitor it wouldnt matter, and btw ur gpu wouldnt even realize theres a 220mm fan there, cause it doesnt do anything

Back