• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GTX560 kernal mode crash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PlayMaker

Registered
Hey all, recently I've noticed that about every 2 days or so my screen will go black for about 5 seconds, then recover and tell me there was a kernal mode crash and it recovered. This happens mainly while playing WoW for extending periods of time. Nothing is overclocked and temps are monitored and fine. Overall, it seems more annoying than anything else, but do I have anything to worry about or is there a fix for this? I recently installed the latest Nvidia drivers directly from the Nvidia site. I remember when I first installed this graphics card I experienced this same issue for about a month, then it went away for quite a while. Now it's back again. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What are the GPU temp's on average while playing WoW? And have you tried moving the card to a different slot or re-seating it, tried a different PSU, or re-seating the 2 x 6-pin PCI-E connectors?

Average temp between 50-55c while playing WoW w/ other programs in background running. I haven't tried re-seating the vid card yet.

Back