• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zotac GTX 550 Ti throttled when OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

northenosprey02

Hi, I got some trouble when OC my GTX 550 Ti. When I OCing core clock to 1000 MHz, most games I played run smoothly. But when I OC to 1028 MHz, it was throttled down so most games I played run more laggy than what I expected including FurMark was slower down.

How to solve them?

Did you check your temp.? Too hot can cause throttling.In the power management section of nvidia control panel is it set to performance instead of adaptive? Also I believe the driver used for your card throttles down in furmark to prevent crazy temps.Also make sure in control panel power options make sure your PCIE express link state power management is set to "off". I just found that last part out not too long ago myself by reading through the forums.

Did you check your temp.? Too hot can cause throttling.In the power management section of nvidia control panel is it set to performance instead of adaptive? Also I believe the driver used for your card throttles down in furmark to prevent crazy temps.Also make sure in control panel power options make sure your PCIE express link state power management is set to "off". I just found that last part out not too long ago myself by reading through the forums.

I just set power management in nvidia control panel to performance and set Link State Power Managmenet to Off but it still throttling. Do you have another solution?

Back