• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Macbook Pro / Windows 7 32 / AMD Radeon HD 6770m 1GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

H4ckluserr

As a gamer I found myself very frustrated by having this incredible hardware and being so limited by the drivers and configs given to me by Apple. So, doing as we do, I fixed my problem.

Machine is a Late 2011 Macbook Pro. i7-2760QM @ 2.4, 4GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6770M. Room is low humidity at 24c

I won't go into the process of finding and updating the drivers, unless there is a specific request or need.

Some standard faire...

Generic disclaimer - These values worked for my machine, they may not work for yours. The use of this information is at your own risk.

Where was I? I only used two tools to get this job done...

ATT is the brain child of Ray Adams.
ATI Tray Tool on Guru3D

And GPU-Z from TechPowerUP
GPU-Z on TechPowerUP

This approach to GPU overclocking is very simple. We need only worry about Voltage, Core Speed, and Memory Speed.

From Apple, this is 1v, 675/793.75(794) After a benchmark GPU temp was roughly 85c

After some tweaking I was able to get my best scores out of 1v, 795/950. However, I am running it at .955v, 795/950. It runs several degree's cooler at full load and the performance "lost" over 1v is negligible imo. After a benchmark GPU temp was 80c. One bench out of five netted 81c.

I should have some 3dMark06 or 3dMark11 scores tomorrow. My latency is good out here, but my bandwidth is terrible.

Subjectively. World of Warcraft on generic high settings in a high population area netted a struggle for 35fps. After this overclock I'm running ultra in high population areas at 35fps.

This is also my first submitted write up. Please suggest things that I can include with this post, and future posts.

"Gaming", "incredible hardware", "Apple". Surely this thread is a **** take.

Back