• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

680GTX BIOS Flashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anonaru

I'm more than likely going to flash my 680s (And maybe the 670s too, not sure), and already have my eyes on some releases that are a bit more OC-tolerant than the ones I have.

I have a question or two, though.. From somebody who has done this before, hopefully.

Do I have to BIOS flash by brand? For example, can an ASUS BIOS go into an EVGA graphics card? I feel like the components are the same, unlike a motherboard. I'd ask about risk vs reward too, but I've seen my share of good / bad when it comes to flashing graphics cards :\

Thanks!

In my past expieriences with flashing video card bioses, I used the original card's bios and just edited the values I wanted the card to clock to. I also saved the original non modded bios just incase the edited modded one doesn't work as it should.

As for flashing different branded card's bios, I wouldn't recommend it. Reason being the other cards may/may not have the same values of timings/voltages.

If you want to use different bioses, stick to the same branded ones to your card. This will lower the risks of a bad flash. Still tho flashing the video card's bios is risky.

In my past expieriences with flashing video card bioses, I used the original card's bios and just edited the values I wanted the card to clock to. I also saved the original non modded bios just incase the edited modded one doesn't work as it should.

As for flashing different branded card's bios, I wouldn't recommend it. Reason being the other cards may/may not have the same values of timings/voltages.

If you want to use different bioses, stick to the same branded ones to your card. This will lower the risks of a bad flash. Still tho flashing the video card's bios is risky.

I actually much prefer the idea of of editing the BIOS than flashing a new one-- I was not aware this was an option. Suppose I'll go digging for some information regarding this, unless you have quick-grab access to that info, in which case.. captain my captain :salute:

Back