• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting new video card, need input.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScottinIndy

As the title says I am going to be getting a new video card. I am currently using a HD4850. Haven't been into gaming much lately, Got Borderlands 2 and decided I would like an upgrade. I have honestly been out of the loop lately so I have a couple of questions. I have a 22" monitor, Full HD 1080P. I have a budget of $200, I would like a nice upgrade from my 4850, I just don't want to get more than I really need to take advantage of the monitor I am using and the hardware I currently have. (See Sig.). What I have been looking at is either a 650 TI, Or a 7850. Not particular in regard to Nvidia vs AMD, Just always looking for the best bang for buck.
Anyway, Would I be happy with either of these cards and would they be compatible in regard to working well with what I already have in regard to the hardware currently in my rig. If you have other suggestions feel free to express them.
Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited:
Ajay, Thank you for the suggestions, I ended up going in a different direction and orderd a EVGA 660. A little more than I originally was going to spend, Just wanted to do a little future proofing since I am planning on upgrading MB, CPU and Ram this summer. Thanks again for taking the time to link your suggestions, I do appreciate it.

For that coin, I surely would have went 7870 (faster than 660 IIRC). But, 660 is solid.

Scott your welcome and Congrats on your Premium Membership, nice to see you back in the fold as they say LOL. AJ. :D :thup:

Back