• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[SOLVED] Blue Screens On My New Build. Help Please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattD.

Registered
In October I got a motherboard (ASRock Extreme 3) and a CPU (i5 3570k). I installed them into my old system and I got blue screens; unfortunately I didn't write down the errors. So I stopped using the computer until I could get new parts. December, I am out of school and I'm getting bigger paychecks, so I got new parts. I put the system together, installed windows, and after about 10 minutes of browsing the web, blue screen. :( I tried a new installation of Windows today, and I got a blue screen upon installing the motherboard drivers. I tried running with one DIMM installed, no GPU's and no HDD and still a blue screen. The computer is out of commission until I find a solution.

Parts
i5 3570k
ASRock Z77 Extreme 3
Intel 240 330 SSD
Two 8500GT's (I will be getting a 660 next week)
Some old 500 HDD (Not installed yet)
CoolerMaster HAF XB

Bluescreens
photo.JPG
photo (1).JPG

I Google'd the error codes, and it didn't help too much.

Other Pictures
photo (2).JPG
Here is a picture of the inside of my system. Note both GPU's installed.

photo (3).JPG
Here it shows that the motherboard doesn't show that the GPU's are installed. Are the GPU's bad, or is it the motherboard?

photo (4).JPG
And this is just additional information.

So, I've stopped using the PC at them moment to prevent damage to hardware, and nothing seems to work.
I am happy to answer any questions or find more information with my PC.
Thanks for the help!

There are two questions that have to be addressed

1. Is this a hardware problem?
  2. Is it a software problem?
To answer both questions, you have to decouple them as follows

Hardware test

The test itself is very simple. Reset the CMOS (remove battery, switch CMOS jumper to clear and back). Just remove all but one of your memory modules and boot your computer from a Live USB Linux distribution . If you see a BSOD, try again with another module. It is not uncommon to have a bad set of RAM.

Software test
If the hardware test checks out, boot with your hard drive and try to get into safe mode.

Let me know if this works out.

Cheers!

There are two questions that have to be addressed

1. Is this a hardware problem?
  2. Is it a software problem?
To answer both questions, you have to decouple them as follows

Hardware test

The test itself is very simple. Reset the CMOS (remove battery, switch CMOS jumper to clear and back). Just remove all but one of your memory modules and boot your computer from a Live USB Linux distribution . If you see a BSOD, try again with another module. It is not uncommon to have a bad set of RAM.

Software test
If the hardware test checks out, boot with your hard drive and try to get into safe mode.

Let me know if this works out.

Cheers!
Holy face-palm. When I was checking the hardware I pushed down on one of the sticks of RAM, and it wasn't seated all the way. :facepalm: I may still do thoes tests because I'm still not exactly that was the problem in the first place.

Hey trust me, it happens to everybody. I've done this many times and ended up feeling stupid when it was discovered. Happy New Year 2013. :santa:

Back